EU NUTS classification as Linked Data
The NUTS (Nomenclature of Territorial Units for Statistics) is a classification defined by the Eurostat office of the European Union.
This site contains the NUTS regions along with geographic information. The data uses the NeoGeo RDF Vocabulary for GeoData.
The NUTS classification is a hierarchical system for dividing up the economic territory of the EU, mainly for statistical and policy purposes.
- NUTS 0: countries
- NUTS 1: major socio-economic regions
- NUTS 2: basic regions for the application of regional policies
- NUTS 3: as small regions for specific diagnoses
You can find a full listing of the regions represented in RDF.
There are dataset dumps available for download.
The information sources used to create the NUTS dataset include:
- Eurostat (shape files)
- UN Food and Agriculture Organization
We also provide a growing set of Linked Data Services (LIDS):
withinRegion: Returns the NUTS regions that include a certain point based on its latitude/longitude coordinates.
boundingBox: Returns the NUTS regions that are contained within the specified bounding box.
This site is developed as part of the Planet Data EU Network of Excellence (#257641).
- New set of templates.
- Added VoID description and dataset dumps.
- Added link to service, fixed Turtle syntax glitch.
$Id: index.php 101 2011-09-19 18:40:01Z priv at